Hi folks,
I've pushed what I believe is a reasonable starting point for how node tasks (i.e. tests to perform against external hosts) should be structured, and it's available at:
https://apache-warble.readthedocs.io/en/latest/design-nodedb.html

I have not gone into any details about the actual payload design just yet, but rather just the overall structure of a task, categories and alerting settings. I also haven't gone into any detail about alerting and reporting settings yet, so ideas on what sort of platforms we should support for alerting are very much welcome!

One thing I haven't properly considered yet is chaining - that is, stuff like "don't report on test A failing unless test B also fails" and so on. Ideas here are also welcome :)

Let me know what you think, and if you have suggestions or fixes, you can either just correct the source RST file(s), or suggest things here on the mailing list. I expect we'll do a recap of this before any actual coding on tasks begin, and come to an agreement on a v1 task design that we can develop the software around.

With regards,
Daniel.