It has been shown many times why this change was a bad idea.
Nevermind the theoretical nature of the initial objections, which have
also been shown to be true concerns (see
http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=6489540).  It has
been shown that this change doesn't really solve anything anyway.  In
fact, it encourages a programming practice (starting short-lived,
one-off threads) that most feel is not a good idea and doesn't scale.