> ive run into plenty of weird problems with overrides, but maybe
> because this was in a high concurrency app where data changed
> frequently. the problems arise from the fact that the value returned
> from isvisible() can change while we are doing traversals, etc.

Hmmm, yeah, I can see how that could be a problem. Still, in general I
find overrides to be easier to backtrack because it is a simple
function. Wicket's mutable programming model is both a boon and a bane
:-) Maybe a good solution would be to require a function to be set
(would obviously work better in say Scala than Java at this point)
that is called during the rendering preparation and which result is
put in a temporary storage as the sole way of doing this. I'd
personally like that better than supporting setVisible.

Eelco