Are you sure that the changed files is caused by the multi-workspace setup? It
could also be a problem with the core.autocrlf option. At Topicus, we decided
to turn it off on all systems. EGit doesn't support it and caused more trouble
than it does good.

Personally, I still like the solution with remotes. For example, I've got 2
workspaces for wicket: 1.5 and 6. I've added a remote to both:

git remote add wicket-1.5 /home/papegaaij/workspaces/wicket-production
git remote add wicket-6 /home/papegaaij/workspaces/master

Now, when I commit on 1.5, I go to the other workspace and do a 'git fetch
wicket-1.5'. This fetches my latest commit, which I can now cherry-pick onto
wicket-6. For the application I work on for Topicus, I even use it to transfer
entire branches from one workspace to another.

Emond