the thing is i like the first approach if that one works,
why? Because then i am forced to first merge it over all revisions before i
can then push it upstream at once

i never can push right to wicket if i just make a change in 1.4 or 1.5, i
need to think and open 1.5 and or trunk first and do there my stuff

The only thing is that merge doesn't work for me yet, i get an error:

Merge of revisions 56ab23584fcb1c3949e69255078239c85dacea69,
6fec67349a165fb109d93497275ed73f3734f634 with base
4c482e88eb9f3a74fac01c0a127f1e6be0df59fb using strategy resolve resulted
in: Failed.

when i have pushed it from 1.4 to 1.5 and then i want to merge it so i
select the project -> team -> merge  (merge tool is disabled, anybody knows
how to get that in eclipse and what that is?)
or cherry-picking (rebase i guess) also doesn't work for me.