Hi Pedro,

On Tue, Jan 31, 2017 at 10:25 AM, Pedro Santos <pedros...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Martin,
>
> Wicket-4201 IPageProvider improvement: will work on the ticket during the
> week
>
> Expression language change [1]: it's a big change and I think it needs
> the team approval

Here is the diff:
https://github.com/apache/wicket/compare/WICKET-4008-property-expression-parser

> Wicket-4008 expression language parser: the parser is functional and
> there isn't much work pending on it. I can finish and merge the work
> during the week.
>
> 1 - http://wicket-dev.markmail.org/thread/unwdqpxulw7tcd5l

The linked discussion makes me feel a bit uncertain.
I want to avoid another "component queueing" case here, i.e. a rather
bigger refactoring for something that only few people asked for and then
leave the maintenance to someone else. The fact that you didn't have time
to work on these changes in the last few months makes me think you may not
have time to answer questions and fix bugs once it is released. No one can
guarantee that (s)he will be around to help with his/her expertize, me
included, but if you know from now that you won't have time then maybe it
would be better to not make these changes.

I agree that the team should decide so anyone is welcome to express his
opinion!