Hello Sebastien,

that sounds bad - how big is the heap space you gave to your server?

I'm running our app now on a testserver for 10 days and the memory usage seems
normal - even though I also did some jMeter on it during the last week,
spawning many many threads and requests;

Heap from 8-Snapshot here reads as follows at the current time:

Heap Memory Usage:
Memory that Java Virtual Machine initially requested to the Operating System:
2.147.483.648 Bytes
Memory that Java Virtual Machine is guaranteed to receive from the Operating
System: 2.144.337.920 Bytes
Maximum Memory that Java Virtual Machine may get from the Operating System:
2.144.337.920 Bytes. Note that this is not guaranteed.
Memory that Java Virtual Machine uses at this time: 1.018.066.976 Bytes

While our production one after nealry 10 weeks uptime reads this:

Heap Memory Usage:
Memory that Java Virtual Machine initially requested to the Operating System:
4.294.967.296 Bytes
Memory that Java Virtual Machine is guaranteed to receive from the Operating
System: 4.151.836.672 Bytes
Maximum Memory that Java Virtual Machine may get from the Operating System:
4.151.836.672 Bytes. Note that this is not guaranteed.
Memory that Java Virtual Machine uses at this time: 1.014.171.432 Bytes

So far nothing big difference - both are far away from maximumg level;

What kind of demo app is this?

Best,

KB

----- Urspr√ľngliche Mail -----