Exactly! Thanks Lawrence and I appreciate the verification and example.

On 6/9/2011 3:37 PM, Lawrence Mandel wrote:

Hi Demetris,

You definitely can tell whether a service has a REST endpoint from its WSDL 2.0 description - that's the point! REST is typically taken as XML over HTTP but it's valid to have other data types sent as well. In the WSDL 2.0 document you'll want to inspect the bindings to see if there is an HTTP binding and may want to inspect the content being delivered as well. Here is an example document with HTTP bindings:

http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/ws/desc/test-suite/documents/good/HTTPBinding-1G/Echo.wsdl?rev=1.3

Lawrence


From:   Demetris <[email protected]>
To:     [email protected]
Cc:     Martin Gainty <[email protected]>, [email protected]
Date:   06/09/2011 03:09 PM
Subject:        Re; Woden on Mobiles


------------------------------------------------------------------------




Hi Martin,

I have been pulled away from this area for a while on other fires to
chase but I still
keep our thread on Woden / Rest for mobiles alive until I get a chance
to return
to it.

On a related note and a question that came up -
Would a simple inspection of a WSDL 2.0 document reveal with great certainty that such a document describes a REST service vs a SOAP. I would assume this
is trivial as certain keywords across such documents can determine the
type of
service accessed but I wanted to run this by the list and see if this is
indeed the
case.

Thanks

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]
For additional commands, e-mail: [email protected]



Reply via email to