On Wed, Sep 5, 2012 at 8:26 AM, Harshana Martin <harsh...@wso2.com> wrote:

> Hi Shankar,
>
> On Wed, Sep 5, 2012 at 7:41 AM, Selvaratnam Uthaiyashankar <
> shan...@wso2.com> wrote:
>
>> I didn't understand your requirements fully. Why do you need the tenant
>> Id? Normally, you logged in using correct tenant username, and internally
>> it will handle it. We do not need to handle this at the dev studio level.
>> Can you explain what kind of operations you are trying to do?
>

> Previously we deployed C-App to a common location of
> repository/deployment/server/carbonapps location. But now servers running
> in tenant mode, deploying the C-App to super tenant is wrong IMO.
>
> If an user adds a Remote Server to Developer Studio, user provide the
> server URL. So that URL is now contains tenant domiain. Therefore we need
> the Tenant Id corresponding to Tenant Domain to deploy the C-App to remote
> Server now.
>
> Therefore now we need the Tenant Id at the Dev Studio side.

No, IMO, user gives the server URL as https://appserver.stratoslive.wso2.com
and user name as f...@bar.com

Even previously, we used to do that, and developer studio uses (AFAIK) CApp
uploader admin service by passing above username. In that case, it will be
deployed to correct tenant. Developer studio will not be able to copy the
file to a location in file system. If you calculate that path and copy, now
that logic is in two places (dev studio and CApp uploader admin service). I
believe, you should use the admin service only.

Shankar