-----
Lakmal Warusawithana
Software Architect
M : +94714289692
On Jan 25, 2013 9:43 AM, "Selvaratnam Uthaiyashankar" <shan...@wso2.com>
wrote:

> First of all, this thread should be in architecture@
>
> I think this is a very big usability issue. Can't we put tenant's name as
part of the URL? For example, if tenantA registers a cartridege with alias
Wordpress, can we make the URL as Wordpress.tenantA.php.stratoslive.com?

Yes we can. But problem is our tenant name also a domain. So if we add it
to URL it's become an ugly like
wordpress.mydomain.com.php.sratroslive.com<http://wordpress.abc.com.php.sratroslive.com>.
then it's become user ability issue as well.

We had discussion with Paul and that time we decided go with unique alias
name for a cartridge.

So we have to decide between two of above.

> On Wednesday, January 23, 2013, Lakmal Warusawithana wrote:
>>
>> I also Happy to have that feature :). But Like Lahiru
mention technically cant give with the current architect. If we going to
give that need some other compromising.

>> On Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 11:24 AM, Ramith Jayasinghe <ram...@wso2.com>
wrote:

>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I have to agree with Nirmal ( by looking at the user's perspective).
given the fact that tenants isolated from each other and they might find it
irritating  to figure out alias chosen by them is already taken (+ is it
possible to figure out alias already taken before hand?)

>>> further, when there are lots of tenants would it be possible that all
the common/user friendly/fancy alias names are already taken and users have
to come up with weird names afterwords ? :).

>>> regards
>>> Ramith

email address!!!. Right. Think like that. So error message should guide
user that alias already taken by another tenant.  Alias is the unique name
given for particular user. Don't forget design decisions.

then no issue :) .. But I feel is we can qualify the alias to include the
tenant domain, then this issue wouldn't arise (cz a tenant is an isolated
space and within his space the alias is not used!), but then again the url
is going to be ugly .. so better to update the docs to reflect the behavior