---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Sajith Kariyawasam <saj...@wso2.com>
Date: Fri, Mar 8, 2013 at 3:04 PM
Subject: Worker Manager support in S2
To: Amani Soysa <am...@wso2.com>, Damitha Kumarage <dami...@wso2.com>,
Isuru Haththotuwa <isu...@wso2.com>, Isuru Perera <isu...@wso2.com>, Isuru
Wimalasundera <isu...@wso2.com>, Lahiru Sandaruwan <lahi...@wso2.com>,
lakmal Warusawithana <lak...@wso2.com>, Nirmal Fernando <nir...@wso2.com>,
Reka Thirunavukkarasu <r...@wso2.com>, Amila Maha Arachchi <ami...@wso2.com>,
Shariq Muhammed <sha...@wso2.com>, Chamith Kumarage <cham...@wso2.com>

Hi all,

We are going to implement Worker-Manager support in S2, based on a
discussion we had (Lakmal, Chamith, AmilaM and Me) we identified some
changes need to be done,

The approach going to be,

1. Define 2 service.xml files in CC 's deployment/server/services
directory, each represent worker cluster and mgt cluster separately. Having
two separate files reduce the level of code changes to be done in CC side,
than to define both worker and manager settings in a single service.xml
file..

Two samples of service files are given below..

worker-service.xml
---------------------------
<service domain="wso2.as.worker.domain" subDomain="worker" tenantRange="*">
        <cartridge type="as"/>
        <host>as.worker-test.wso2.com</host>

<payload>/opt/wso2cc-1.0.0/repository/resources/payload/worker.zip</payload>
</service>

mgt-service.xml
---------------------------
<service domain="wso2.as.mgt.domain" subDomain="mgt" tenantRange="*">
        <cartridge type="as"/>
        <host>as.mgt-test.wso2.com</host>

<payload>/opt/wso2cc-1.0.0/repository/resources/payload/mgt.zip</payload>
</service>

Management cluster might require some additional user data, so we might
need to have separate payload zip there.

2.  When a tenant is subscribed, both worker and mgt domain / subdomains
will be persisted. At the moment only worker's domain/subdomain info is
persisted.
     For that we need to do have an additional service operation (say,
 getDomainsAndSubdomains ) in TopologyManagementService to retrieve both
domain/subdomain in one call, because using
     getDomains( )  and getSubdomain( ) operations separately, we cant get
the exact mapping of domain/subdomains.

3. We need to support multiple LBs  (in SLive, AF .. etc). Then the ELB s
need to be partitioned so that one ELB is aware only about its relevant
services. As we figured out, since we are having one service-topology.conf
file, each ELB gets to know about all the services, hence will try to spawn
instances unnecessarily. Therefore we will need to modify our current
topology-sync implementation to let ELBs aware only of "interested service
clusters".. we couldn't exactly figured out yet, in which point we need to
do the change/ we will go through the code and see, Nirmal if you could
shed some light on this?

Thoughts please ?

**