Hold on. The System properties are only for tests. In the Carbon runtime,
these providers are obtained as OSGi services.

In CarbonCoreActivator you will find the following entries;
context.registerService(AnnotationProvider.class, new
AnnotationProviderImpl(), null);
        context.registerService(CachingProvider.class, new
CachingProviderImpl(), null);

Perhaps, the CachingServiceComponent set methods are not getting called.
Can you check?

--
*Afkham Azeez*
Director of Architecture; WSO2, Inc.; http://wso2.com