On Mon, Mar 24, 2014 at 3:31 PM, Ishara Premadasa <ish...@wso2.com> wrote:

> We (Pamod,Hasitha,Shammi and myself ) had a meeting on the current state
> of the DLC implementation. Following is the concerns raised and the agreed
> solutions.
>
> *1. What if user deletes original queue when there are messages addressed
> to that queue remains in DLC ?*
>
> When user decides to delete queue since that means he is no longer
> interested in that queue of messages came under that. Therefore when user
> deletes queue we delete the DLC messages which are address to the original
> queue.

I have prepared the background for this. Now we have the following method.

    /**
     * remove messages of queue matched with the given destination queue.
If destination
     * queue is null all messages will be removed without any matching
     * @param nodeQueueOrGlobalQueueName name of node queue name or global
queue name
     * @param isANodeQueue   if given name is of a global queue or a node
queue
     * @param destinationQueueNameToMatch destination queue name to match
     * @return
     * @throws AMQStoreException
     */
    public int removeMessagesOfQueue(String nodeQueueOrGlobalQueueName,
boolean isANodeQueue, String destinationQueueNameToMatch) throws
AMQStoreException {

Let us delete DLC messages addressed using this method when the queue is
removed.

--
*Hasitha Abeykoon*
Software Engineer; WSO2, Inc.; http://wso2.com