HI Sajith.

You can refer this [1] article to get an idea how to install svn client on
your MacBook. In this article, Xcode command line tool is highly
recommended. You can use the installation window which is popup once you
enter the svn command on your terminal to install this client.

[1] - http://www.macports.org/install.php

Thanks.
Prabath Ariyarathna

On Thu, Dec 4, 2014 at 12:09 AM, Chamila De Alwis <chami...@wso2.com> wrote:

> Hi Sajith,
>
> As far as I know, Xcode is an IDE for Apple related development in
> Objective C. For windows, TortoiseSVN is an excellent client, which
> integrates in to the Explorer really well. I'm not sure if an equivalent
> client is there for Mac. There's a list of tools here[1] too, but if you
> want to use a GUI client, the best approach would be to use the plugins
> available in the IDEs. For Intellij Idea and Eclipse there are good, well
> tested plugins.
>
> If you're using Eclipse, Subclipse[2] is a good plugin. Just match the
> subversion, version installed with the JavaHL[3] library and the plugin
> version, otherwise there can be irregularities in how the files are checked
> out.
>
> [1] - https://gigaom.com/2009/02/23/12-subversion-apps-for-os-x/
> [2] - http://subclipse.tigris.org/servlets/ProjectProcess?pageID=p4wYuA
> [3] - http://subclipse.tigris.org/wiki/JavaHL
>

> Regards,
> Chamila de Alwis
> Software Engineer | WSO2 | +94772207163
> Blog: code.chamiladealwis.com
>

> On Wed, Dec 3, 2014 at 10:12 PM, Mahesh Chinthaka <mahe...@wso2.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi Sajith,
>> You can use Terminal for all svn related operations. I think its better
>> to get used to svn commands in terminal.
>> You can follow some common svn commands in [1] and [2] . And there's a
>> lot more in the internet :)
>>
>> [1] - http://wiki.greenstone.org/wiki/index.php/Useful_SVN_Commands
>> [2] - http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.7/svn.ref.html
>>
>> On Wed, Dec 3, 2014 at 9:36 PM, Sajith Abeywardhana <saji...@wso2.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> I am from new batch which was recruit on 1st of December. So I looking
>>> some help form you.
>>>
>>> Since I'm using MacBook I need some advice regarding SVN client for a
>>> Mac OS.
>>>
>>> I found this [1] tool called Xcode. Are you guys using this tool or a
>>> separate SVN client than this? Witch one should I use?
>>>
>>> [1] -
>>> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9329243/xcode-4-4-and-later-install-command-line-tools
>>>

>>> Thanks & Regards,
>>> *Sajith Abeywardhana* | Software Engineer
>>> WSO2, Inc | lean. enterprise. middleware.
>>> #20, Palm Grove, Colombo 03, Sri Lanka.
>>> Mobile: +94 772 260 485
>>> Email: saji...@wso2.com <mahe...@wso2.com> | Web: www.wso2.com

>> *Mahesh Chinthaka Vidanagama* | Software Engineer
>> WSO2, Inc | lean. enterprise. middleware.
>> #20, Palm Grove, Colombo 03, Sri Lanka
>> Mobile: +94 71 63 63 083 | Work: +94 112 145 345
>> Email: mahe...@wso2.com | Web: www.wso2.com

*Prabath Ariyarathna*

*Associate Technical Lead*

*WSO2, Inc. *