Hi,

In the custom asset extension I'm working on, I have a requirement to
support file upload.

Thus, in my overridden partial (create_form.hbs) I use
<input type='*file*' name='*wsdl_zip*' id='*wsdl_zip*' />
to get the html view of the file uploader.

Then, in my extension's asset.js inside 'create' method, I try to access
the value taken by that html element by using,

*options.wsdl_zip*

But, when I actually browse file and log the above value, it prints 'null'
and the 'options' json object does not even contain 'wsdl_zip' attribute.

If I use a text field instead of using type 'file',

<input type='text' name=wsdl_zip' id='wsdl_zip' />

options.wsdl_zip returns the value I entered in the text field.

So, what could be the reason for not retrieving 'file' type inputs ?
Any other configurations need to be done?

Denuwanthi De Silva
Software Engineer;
WSO2 Inc.; http://wso2.com,
Email: denuwan...@wso2.com