-Jonathan

*From:* Dunith Dhanushka [mailto:dun...@wso2.com]
*Sent:* Thursday, September 03, 2015 12:45 PM
*To:* Aaquibah Nashry
*Cc:* Manuranga Perera; Seshika Fernando; Srinath Perera; Shevan
Goonetilleke; WSO2 Developers' List; WSO2 Training Group
*Subject:* Re: Need help and suggestions for Unified dashboard work

Hi Nashry,

Charts look appealing! good job on that.

Please find my answers inline.

On Wed, Sep 2, 2015 at 12:54 AM, Aaquibah Nashry <nas...@wso2.com> wrote:

Hi Manu/Dunith,

I am in the process of creating gadgets for the unified dashboard. I am
using the wso2das-3.0.0-SNAPSHOT dashboard for this purpose. I have
attached images of the current state of the gadgets i have created. Kindly
shed light on the following 3 points.

   - I need guidance to do the following:

   1. Need to customize and format the gadget container (padding, etc...).

I'm not quite how to do this in UES level. Perhaps Manu can shed some light
into that.

   1. Create a custom layout for the dashboard page

   - I am creating gadgets with graphs (with controls such as drop downs).
   I would like to know if the controls have to be included in the gadget
   itself or whether it should be placed as a separate gadget, or any other
   manner.

AFAIK this can be achieved by using inter gadget communication currently
available with UES .2.0. You don't have to put those dropdowns in the same
gadgets, instead you can have them in a seperate gadget and enable two
gadgets to communicate with each other. Also you can consider creating your
own widgets for controls like dropdowns, texboxes etc. Please have a look
at default widgets available in the dashboard. That'll give you a headstart.

   -

   - I am using jaggery for database connectivity. I am unable to host the
   jaggery files in the shindig server. When i hosted the jaggery files
   separately i was able to get the data for the gadget graphs. Is it not
   possible to host jaggery files in the shindig server? Kindly provide
   alternatives if it is not.

Why do you host your jaggery files inside Shindig? Shindig is not a Jaggery
runtime and it only provides container services for gadgets. So the best
option is to host your jaggery files seperatley and let your gadgets to
talk to them through AJAX. That is how gadgets that are generated using
Wizard fetch data from backend. Go through the main.js of a generated
gadget so that it'll give you an idea about this.

   -

Thanks in advance

Regards,

M.R.Aaquibah Nashry