Hi Sanjeewa

Saneth & I had an offline chat regarding this last week there are few
things we need to consider.

1. Generating integration test for the Jax-RS functionality ex . If crud
operations work, if it returns correct error messages.
         -  We can use swagger-codegen to do this.
 API Definition has all the details of the API interface what missing are

2. How to get the existing integration test to utilize the new API.
         - We already have a lot of integration tests which uses existing
store & publisher APIs to add/remove resources. As Saneth mention they have
written it in a layered architecture this replacing the existing API layer
with Jax-rs existing test should work.

3. How to make it easy to write test in the future with Jax-Rs API.

On Mon, Oct 19, 2015 at 11:39 AM, Sanjeewa Malalgoda <sanje...@wso2.com>
wrote:

> Hi Team,
> We are planning to implement complete REST API for all operations
> available in API Manager.
> This will be CXF based jax-rs application.
> This application based on swagger template and service skeleton
> automatically generate according to swagger to cxf implementation done by
> Jo.
> We would like to know what would be the best approach to implement test
> for this service.
> Do we have any mechanism to generate client and test service in unit test
> level ? I can see there are projects to generate java client based on
> swagger content.
> Or do we need to write integration test to run this application in server
> and perform tests?
> Since this implementation changes rapidly it would be ideal if we can have
> skeleton based testing approach without binding to real implementation(like
> auto generated client).
>
> Have we done something similar?
> What would be the best approach?
>
> Thanks,