Here idea is easily manage the tests and web application.
Since web application purely depend on swagger definition it will
automatically generate beans, service skeletons etc.

So in same way if we implement test cases we don't have to go and edit test
case code after we adding new parameters or something like that.
What we can simply do is change sample data set feed into test.

On Mon, Oct 19, 2015 at 12:34 PM, Joseph Fonseka <jos...@wso2.com> wrote:

> Hi Nuwan
>
> Thanks for pointing that out, in that case test can be version-ed so auto
> generated tests for version 1.0.0 should work with API 1.0.1 ...
>
> WDYT?
>
> Regards
> Jo
>
> On Mon, Oct 19, 2015 at 12:29 PM, Nuwan Dias <nuw...@wso2.com> wrote:
>
>> Is it right to auto-generate the test client code? IMO one objective of
>> this should be to make sure the REST APIs don't change across patch
>> releases, etc. If we auto-generate the test stubs we would loose that
>> advantage.
>>
> I don't get how we loose advantage here.
If we don't want to change service API we don't have to edit swagger json
and that is it.
Then it will not change service API, neither test client or data set feed
in to test.
If we consider both integration and unit tests those will be released
anyway with product and component release.
So tests will be automatically version-ed with component/product version.

Thanks,
sanjeewa.