Hi Chamara

For the first issue, as you and me had many offline discussions about it,
let me explain the reason again, why we moved the LB host name and LB port
to be taken from a different file (cdm-config.xml). This was required when
we send email to users to get their devices enrolled, we need to get the LB
host and port.

When we configure the EMM servers, they will be in private network IPs. And
those EMM servers will be exposed to the out side through a load balancer
which will be on public IP. Normally load balancer will run on default http
and https ports which are either 80 or 443. But EMM servers could run on
any port (default 9443 and 9763). So when a load balancer receives a
request to either 80 or 443 ports, it will redirect them to EMM server 9443
/ 9763 ports.

Another thing is load balancer could rewrite the urls, for example if the
load balancer host name and port is https://emm.wso2.com:443, then in LB it
can rewrite the urls to https://worker.mdm.com:9443.

So AFAIK there is no configuration in carbon.xml where we can get the LB
host name and port.

And for the second issue, It is a bug which we will fix in next alpha
release. But to fix this, I think the same rule applies. It cannot be taken
from carbon.xml because mgt host name does give any impression about the
load balancer url. So it should be taken from cdm-config.xml.

Thanks
Geeth

*G. K. S. Munasinghe*
*Senior Software Engineer,*