Hi

DB mediator can be handy as you said but it is a bad  practice to query the
DB right from the Esb. It is against the low coupling principles that makes
integration  layer agile and   thin and scalable etc.

DSS is setup in two  minutes and can fulfill your needs   out of the box.

Maybe we should provide a migration tool to turn  DBMediator usage into
Daraservices operation  call.  One could even  generate the dbs Dataservice
definition     from the DBMediator.

+1 for deprecating these  mediators.  Setup some tool or complete
documentation to migrate existing usage.

Thanks,
Cyril

>>> http://www.wso2.com/