Hi Clovis,

On Wed, Jan 20, 2016 at 6:06 PM, Clovis Wichoski <clo...@neoinix.com.br>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm researching for some ways to improve speed of development and redeploy
> on WSO2 Application Server, for example I have a scenario here where a
> simple change on a class, to test, get about 5 minutes. (as the test must
> pass by web interfaces in Jaggery, until reach the REST Api implemented in
> JAX-RS with Jersey and some JPA using EclipseLink.
>
> The Jaggery part is very easy, just rsync files, and all works fine.
>
> For the java part, in this research I found the HotSwapAgent -
> http://www.hotswapagent.org/
>
> My first try was to follow HotSwapAgent quick start as is, and check if it
> works with WSO2 AS 5.2.1 out of the box, but dont worked, HotSwapAgent dont
> detect changes when I copy one updated .class file to WEB-INF/classes.
>
> Then my question is about, if anyone tried this before with WSO2, and if
> is a good way to invest time to implement a WSO2 plugin that work better
> with HotSwapAgent and what is the steps I must follow to implement this
> plugin or integrate this type of speed with redeploy with WSO2 AS? Maybe
> some problems with OSGi?

This is a good thing to have with webap deployment. But we do have a
concept of hot update of webapps which is the default behaviour. If you
update the webapp, it will be redeployed by the Application Server where it
keeps track of the changes using the scheduled task which runs on every 15
seconds interval. Since this redeploys the entire webapp, all the classes
loaded will be removed and will be loaded again. Do find any issues with
this behaviour?

Thanks,
Kishanthan.

> ps: Note that the idea, is just change one class, rsync the binary .class
> file over respective WEB-INF/classes and got the results.
>
> Best regards
>
> Clóvis Wichoski
> CEO, Neoinix
> Mobile: +554588233181