Hello Natheisha,

Please find my inline comments,

However I noticed the logging class  wso2 plugin has provided. Does it use
any IStatus Objects or log any additional plugin specific information/error
codes other than the normal error log info Eclipse provides? If so it would
be useful to know about those in detail, when designing the error report
format that need to be sent to the central server.

Please checkout the code and check the "IDeveloperStudioLog" class. this is
the interface used to log information (warning, error etc) in developer
studio. you can trace the implementation of this "DeveloperStudioLog" class
and check how the logging is handled. If you need further information on
this get back to us with specifics.

I studied about the error log file and how the error related information
like meta Data, stack trace, system configuration info, java version, OS
version and info about bundles, plugins involved, can be fetched into the
proposed plugin, to create the error report to be sent. Is there any other
information that I have missed and that should be included when sending the
error report?

These information appears to be sufficient. Please check with the
information that are being logged in Mars eclipse.

And as you have replied to my previous email, it is clear that Eclipse
platform errors as well as the devStudio plugin errors need to be reported.
What about the expected errors where user expects, like exception to be
thrown in particular situations like network not available, invalid
license, resource blocked by another person etc. ? Should these be ignored
or reported just like the internal unexpected errors?

I believe we need to report all errors irrespective of its nature. @
Jasintha : could you provide you opinion on this?

And when it comes to the development of the proposed plugin, what would be
the most suitable target platform that would be compatible with Developer
Studio? Is it eclipse version 3.5 or higher?

Currently you can test with the latest released developer studio 3.8.0 on
top of Eclipse Luna. We are planning to release Developer studio on Mars in
the near future. We will inform you once the release is ready so that you
can do development on that.

Regards
Awanthika

Awanthika Senarath