Hi Chathurika,

We highly appreciate your suggestions to improve the data mapper. As you
said what we should provide as the data mapper is an enhanced mechanism for
data conversion which would be easy for user to do whatever s/he wants. So
I think we should provide those capabilities without blocking user from
using those provided in JavaScript. I believe your suggestions are mainly
came from the knowledge of JAVA and it's nature. But as we are based on JS
it would be misleading the users if we do not provide those functionalities
available in JS.
I do not think we should build a new standard to our data mapper. The
correct way should be moving with the JS standard as we are moving with JS
underline engine. Otherwise what we would be doing is building a mapping
based on JAVA/WSO2 standard using JavaScript language.

WDYT?

Thanks,
Nuwan