Hi,

> 3. Each and every time the config file change [Ex: axis2.xml] product gets
>> deleted and start with the fresh configuration.
>>

> ​Agree! It should not start from the beginning for a configuration change.

This is now fixed in master branch. Basically Puppet runs in "refresh" mode
by default. It will kill any running WSO2 process before applying
configurations but will use the same pack if it has been already downloaded
from Puppet master. Also it will apply new configurations on top of
setting "wso2::maintenance_mode" Hiera property. If you set it to "new"
then any previous installation will be cleaned first; "zero" will clean the
pack as well.

However, we still need to improve on how product server is restarted; i.e.
the server should be restarted only if there has been a change applied to
template, patch list is updated, lib files are updated etc. But I don't
think we can reliably detect (from Puppet side) whether server should be
restarted or not. Perhaps a template change may not need a restart. So IMO,
it's better to restart the server on every Puppet run. Any thoughts?

Thanks.

--
Akila Ravihansa Perera
WSO2 Inc.;  http://wso2.com/