Hi,

On Tue, Aug 9, 2016 at 3:10 PM, Jayanga Dissanayake <jaya...@wso2.com>
wrote:

> Hi Isuru,
>
> It seems to be the culprit. I removed the jacoco plugin from
> carbon-kernel/parent/pom.xml and it builds.
>
> One other concern is, in this PR, you have moved the doc and source
> plugins into plugin section, which cause it to run always. But we usually
>  don't want src and docs to be generated at each build. Could you please
> explain why those plugins were moved into plugin section.

I added java doc and source plugins to parent pom as we need to have
sources jars and java docs every time we build the source.

If you look at our previous releases based on Carbon 4.x, there are no
source jars for most of the components. Without having sources jars, it is
very difficult to debug as well.

Even though, we expected our developers to release the sources jars during
release time, we can see that it's not happening most of the time.

Java Doc generation is also very important and Java Doc Plugin shows
warnings if there are any issues with our Java Docs. It's easy to fix such
warnings before the release.

If the build time is the main concern for local builds, we can disable Java
doc plugin as it takes some time. The source plugin doesn't take much time.

For local builds, we can skip java docs using the parameter:
"-Dmaven.javadoc.skip=true".

I think having these plugins in parent pom is very important.