Hi Susinda,

On Mon, Aug 22, 2016 at 10:16 AM, Susinda Perera <susi...@wso2.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Aug 21, 2016 at 5:06 PM, Sinthuja Ragendran <sinth...@wso2.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi Nisala,
>>
>> So lets create a new repo for our new maven plugin, and lets include
>> source there as per Susinda.
>>
>> @Susinda,
>> Can you please elaborate bit more with what is the expected outcome when
>> DevS based tooling using this maven plugin for DS? Because in the context,
>> DS it self is a tool to create dashboard, gadgets, etc, therefore we don't
>> intend to provide that sort of functionality with DevS. Therefore IMO we
>> can maximum provide xml, js, css, jag file editors and lets them to create
>> the structure of Capp from DevS. IMO creating such extension support will
>> have considerable effort.
>>

> Hi Sinthuja
> Just had a chat with Nisala,
> Expected outcome of DevS tooling was to make the developer's life easy on
> creating dashboards, gadgets, layouts an themes. We have in built support
> coming from eclipse for xml, html, css etc and we had jaggery editor with
> code completion features. So I believe we can integrate these bits and
> pieces and provide a IDE based tooling. As all developers are not command
> line developers, I believe providing this kind of tooling would be useful
> for general users.
> As you already have maven build (packaging) tool and Capp tool for the
> same, my suggestion is to introduce arch-type, then we can reuse use of
> same arch-type and maven plugins to create the eclipse IDE plugin. So at
> the end of the day we will have both command line and IDE based tooling.
> WDYT?

Basically IMO IDE support is needed for creating custom gadgets and custom
layouts. But the other parts such as creating dashboards, creating pages
with default layouts, integrating gadgets into the dashboard pages, etc are
provided from DS itself, and it's just drag and drop. And hence I don't
think we need to provide same set of functionality which is already covered
in DS, rather we need to focus on the point where users could create custom
gadgets, and layouts which is the dev effort for the users in the context
of DS. I don't think we can provide such DevS support feature for this
release given the short time frame now.

But anyhow lets have a discussion on this, come to our plan so that we can
execute this on the future releases. @Nisala, please schedule a meeting
Wednesday after noon or Thursday.

Thanks,
Sinthuja.