Hi All

I tried $subject with 2 different approaches, and having following +and -s
1. Using Jquery-UI DnD support
+ Can drag over other HTML elements
+ Can restrict droppable areas
+ Can implement tool-palette separately even without having D3/Svg
interaction or knowledge
- Have to use different technology compared to d3 and svg, which is used in
all over other places in diagram editor

2. Using d3 drag drop support
+ Can use the same technology stack as what we used in diagram editor.
- Can not drag over other HTML elements. (Maybe we can with some RnD, but
could not found anything yet)
- Tool Palette need to be implemented as svg element

Any ideas? My preference is 1. As it gives us more flexibility on styling
and coding.

Thanks
Susinda

--