We have done something similar in AppM for mobile apps where publisher
uploads binary (.apk etc) and users comes to store install these apps to
device.  Download has handled as a byte stream and storage location is
stored in property of app-manger.xml
(<AbsoluteLocation>${carbon.home}/repository/resources/mobileapps/</AbsoluteLocation>)
and HostObject method has been provided to get the location.

@Chathura should be able to explain the logic more since he implemented
this.

Regards,
Dinusha.