Hi All,

This is an update to provide more context to the problem.

Currently in IoT Server we have device type apis for each tenants that are
exposed through api manager. In order to access it we create an AM
Application and then we subscribe to the tenants apis. This works fine when
we use the password grant type.

Now when we tried to integrate with sso, we login to the service provider
(configured for sso with SAAS enabled) and it generates saml token that is
signed with super tenants key store. Then we use this saml token along with
the tenants specific app to generate oauth token. In this case it tries to
verify the signature using the tenants key store and it fails.

After having a offline discussion with Farasath, figured that there could
be two possible solution:
1) create an IDP with super tenants public cert for each tenant. The
problem in this is if we are to update the key store of super tenants then
we have to update the IDP of all the tenants.

2) Create a custom grant type that verifies using super tenants key store.
the downside is to maintain a separate grant type handler.

Is it okay to create a custom grant type or is there any solutions for this
?.

Thanks,
Ayyoob

*Ayyoob Hamza*