Hi All,

I think here we have a confusion between immutable attributes and Unique
attributes.

*Immutable Attributes* : Will not change over the time (Using this
attribute can track the identity over the time)
*Unique Attribute* : this is unique to the system but can be changed over
the time and this can be tracked with a immutable attribute.

With the new design UserID would be the Immutable attribute (But read only
identity stores this can be changed)
And user name is a unique attribute.

So in new implementation also isUserExist should return true if there is a
user with given user name. And this is applicable to all unique attributes.

Thanks,
Ishara

On Fri, Feb 3, 2017 at 9:42 AM, Farasath Ahamed <farasa...@wso2.com> wrote:

> IIRC, Our plan in C5 was to use the SCIM API for user signup, user
> provisioning etc.
>
> So if the username is a special attribute in SCIM while user core can
> accommodate duplicate usernames(ie. username need not be unique), when we
> use SCIM API in the product won't there be a mismatch?
>

> Farasath Ahamed
> Software Engineer, WSO2 Inc.; http://wso2.com
> Mobile: +94777603866
> Blog: blog.farazath.com
> Twitter: @farazath619 <https://twitter.com/farazath619>
> <http://wso2.com/signature>
>

> On Thu, Feb 2, 2017 at 7:41 PM, Gayan Gunawardana <ga...@wso2.com> wrote:
>

>> On Fri, Feb 3, 2017 at 8:29 AM, Johann Nallathamby <joh...@wso2.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> In our identity-mgt level we don't treat username as a special
>>> attribute. It's just another attribute. However in certain higher levels we
>>> may need to treat username as a special attribute. We do have a claim for
>>> username which I think is "http://wso2.org/claim/username";. We can
>>> treat this claim as the username in higher level implementations.

>>> I guess what Gayan means is in SCIM 2.0 username is a special attribute
>>> and we can't have two users with same username attribute. It is a
>>> specification of SCIM 2.0.
>>>
>> Yes exactly. There should be a way to identify duplicate resource in the
>> context of SCIM. For user resource it is user name.

>>> --
>>> Thanks & Regards,
>>>
>>> *Johann Dilantha Nallathamby*
>>> Technical Lead & Product Lead of WSO2 Identity Server
>>> Governance Technologies Team
>>> WSO2, Inc.
>>> lean.enterprise.middleware
>>>
>>> Mobile - *+94777776950*
>>> Blog - *http://nallaa.wordpress.com <http://nallaa.wordpress.com>*
>>>

>> --
>> Gayan Gunawardana
>> Software Engineer; WSO2 Inc.; http://wso2.com/
>> Email: ga...@wso2.com
>> Mobile: +94 (71) 8020933

Ishara Karunarathna
Associate Technical Lead
WSO2 Inc. - lean . enterprise . middleware |  wso2.com

email: isha...@wso2.com,   blog: isharaaruna.blogspot.com,   mobile:
+94717996791