Hi,

In OIDC spec,following claims are mentioned as mandatory.
-iss
-sub
-aud
-exp
-iat

Currently as mentioned in jira [1], it is possible to write custom OAuth2
grant type which returns IDToken without "sub" claim.

When we handle this scenario, there is a small concern
 that need to be clarified.

-When analyze the spec we could  not find any instance where it mentioned
the error message to display in such a scenario.
In that case, shall we come up with *new error message*?
{"error_description":"custom description.","error":"custom_error"}

- or throw a server exception and send the standard *server error* message ?
ex:
{"error_description":"Internal Server Error.","error":"server_error"}

Appreciate any input on how to proceed with this.

[1]https://wso2.org/jira/browse/IDENTITY-6088
[2]http://openid.net/specs/openid-connect-core-1_0.html#IDToken

Denuwanthi De Silva
Senior Software Engineer;