On Tue, Jul 4, 2017 at 6:54 PM, Denuwanthi De Silva <denuwan...@wso2.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> In OIDC spec,following claims are mentioned as mandatory.
> -iss
> -sub
> -aud
> -exp
> -iat
>
> Currently as mentioned in jira [1], it is possible to write custom OAuth2
> grant type which returns IDToken without "sub" claim.
>
> When we handle this scenario, there is a small concern
>  that need to be clarified.
>
> -When analyze the spec we could  not find any instance where it mentioned
> the error message to display in such a scenario.
> In that case, shall we come up with *new error message*?
> {"error_description":"custom description.","error":"custom_error"}
>
> - or throw a server exception and send the standard *server error*
> message ?
> ex:
> {"error_description":"Internal Server Error.","error":"server_error"}

IMO what happen here is, server can not generate valid IDToken.  "Internal
Server Error " can properly describe this behavior  so better to use that
code, returning custom code may cause  interoperability  issues as well.

Thanks !

--
Sagara Gunathunga

Associate Director / Architect; WSO2, Inc.;  http://wso2.com