In that case can we set a threadlocal variable in order to identify the
SCIM version? Based on that the correct listener will execute and the other
will not. Since SCIM1.1 listener will check for it's related threadlocal
and SCIM2.0 listener it's related threadlocal there is not coupling between
the two implementations. All the SCIM operations must set this threadlocal.
I don't see any better solution for this problem.

Regards,
Johann.

On Thu, Aug 31, 2017 at 6:54 PM, Sathya Bandara <sat...@wso2.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 31, 2017 at 2:18 PM, Johann Nallathamby <joh...@wso2.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi Sathya,
>>
>> On Thu, Aug 31, 2017 at 12:29 PM, Sathya Bandara <sat...@wso2.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Johann,
>>>
>>> IMO having two separate LDAP attributes for the same claims in both
>>> SCIM1 and SCIM2 would be redundant and cause problems in maintaining user
>>> attributes.
>>>

>> True. I didn't say this is the correct solution. I only mentioned it as a
>> work around for someone who wants to use both without any conflicts until
>> we find a alternative or deprecate SCIM 1.1 :)
>>

>>> If we need to have both listeners enabled at the time I would suggest to
>>> use a common util method to generate IDs and do the mappings for the claims
>>> that are common to both protocols.
>>>

>> Didn't get how this would help exactly. May be I am missing some context.
>>
>> However, after reading through your first reply again, now I have another
>> question. Why do both the listeners get executed when adding a new user? I
>> know they both will get triggered. But can't we look at the dialect URI at
>> the top and skip the execution if it's not for that listener?
>>
>> When adding a user through normal approach(management console) when SCIM
>> is enabled, it is not possible to figure out the dialect URI. In this case
>> this will not work AFAIU.

Hmm..