Hi Sandun,

You can start by downloading and building IS source code
<https://github.com/wso2/product-is/>, Master branch contains the code for
IS 6.0.x versions and there is a 5.x.x branch where most the development
happen I believe.

You can try to fix some of the issues in below links.

   - https://github.com/wso2/product-is/issues
   -

https://wso2.org/jira/projects/IDENTITY/issues/IDENTITY-6394?filter=allopenissues

When building product-is code, it uses codes available at following sources
as well, which contains most of the functionalities in IS. product-is code
mainly combines these features together and build it into one product.

   - https://github.com/wso2/carbon-identity-framework
   -
   https://github.com/wso2-extensions?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=identity&type=&language=

You can refer to this <https://wso2.github.io/> to get some general idea
about how to contribute to  WSO2 code base. But the best way to learn is by
getting your hands dirty.

Try these out and ask for help here if things aren't working.

Hope that helps,
Chamila

On Mon, Sep 11, 2017 at 3:46 PM, Sandun Perera <sandunpper...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>  I would like to contribute to Identity Server project. I would be
> thankful to you if you can provide me with necessary guidance to start
> working.
>
> Best Regards
> Sandun Perera

Chamila Dilshan Wijayarathna,
PhD Research Student
The University of New South Wales (UNSW Canberra)
Australian Centre for Cyber Security
Australian Defence Force Academy
PO Box 7916, Canberra BA ACT 2610
Australia