Hi team,

In our visibility model of API in C4, we have following three types of
visibility which are documented.

   - Public:
   -

   Restricted by Roles (restrcted)
   -

   Visible to my domain: (private)

But when checking with the code (I am refering to the C4 code), I could
found that there is another visibility level called *controlled.*

This *controlled* visibility level goes with a list of "visibleTenants",
but could not find any usage of it.
When adding or updating an API as well as when retrieving the API this
"visibleTenants" is added if available [1].

Can anyone point out what is the use of this controlled visibility level
and is there a way to control visibility for specific tenants through this
without UI ?

When it comes to subscription availability, there is a separate property
"subscriptionTenants" for the API, so this "visibleTenants" is not related
to that.

Any reason for keeping this *controlled* visibility level ?
Even in the REST API we have added this though it seems not used.

[1]
https://github.com/wso2/carbon-apimgt/blob/6.1.x/components/apimgt/org.wso2.carbon.apimgt.hostobjects/src/main/java/org/wso2/carbon/apimgt/hostobjects/APIProviderHostObject.java#L1737

--
Thanks & Regards,

*Chamalee De Silva*
Software Engineer
*WS**O2* Inc. :http://wso2.com/

Office   :- *+94 11 2145345 <%2B94%2011%202145345>*
mobile  :- *+94 7 <%2B94%2077%202782039>1 4315942*