Hi Dakshika,

Please see my answers inline.

IMO that won't fix the issue, Check scenarios like,

> 1. If the user wants to get a copy of the policy and rename and save as
> another. (Our documentation also guide this method). If we disable it how
> they understand they can re-edit it.
>
> 2. Publish to PDP has multiple options,( Add, Update, Order, Enable,
> Disable, Delete Policy etc). If we make it disable they can't do further
> actions without editing it.

I aggree with you, since we have multiple options we simply cannot disable
Publish option.

> So IMO to avoid this we can have below-listed journey or wizard.
>
> By default, we won't show any policies under policy available list. We can
> show main action button saying "Add New Entitlement Policy"
>
> Step 01: We can have a section called policy templates which includes the
> sample set
>
> Step 02: user can select any by looking at the name and description
>
> Step 03: We will ask for the value of policyID and description including
> the actions with next or create.
>
> Step 04: we will load the template on the editor with given
> policyID filled.

PAP is where we list all the Policies and which is correct to show all
policies there IMO. So I am -1 to not showing any policies under list. and
if we are not showing here, where do we show policies which are not
published ?

Thanks
Godwin

> WDYT?
>
> Regards,
>

> *Dakshika Jayathilaka*
> PMC Member & Committer of Apache Stratos
> Associate Technical Lead
> WSO2, Inc.
> lean.enterprise.middleware
> 0771100911
>
> On Mon, Feb 19, 2018 at 6:50 AM, Pulasthi Mahawithana <pulast...@wso2.com>
> wrote:
>
>> +1 for the suggestion.
>>
>> For that, shall we disable the publish link for the already published
>> policies and order the list to bring them to the top? However we'll need
>> to re-enable the publish link if the policy is modified after publishing.
>>
>> On Sun, Feb 18, 2018 at 6:21 AM, Gayan Gunawardana <ga...@wso2.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> In current XACML policy administration UI, it is bit hard to
>>> differentiate XACML policies which are already published to PDP.
>>> Can we make better user experience ?
>>>

>>> ‚Äč
>>>

>>> --
>>> Gayan Gunawardana
>>> Senior Software Engineer; WSO2 Inc.; http://wso2.com/
>>> Email: ga...@wso2.com
>>> Mobile: +94 (71) 8020933
>>>

>> --
>> *Pulasthi Mahawithana*
>> Associate Technical Lead
>> WSO2 Inc., http://wso2.com/
>> Mobile: +94-71-5179022 <+94%2071%20517%209022>
>> Blog: https://medium.com/@pulasthi7/
>>
>> <https://wso2.com/signature>

*Godwin Amila Shrimal*
Associate Technical Lead