Hi Chiranga,

I agree with Pubudu on using ConfigMaps for providing configuration files.

On Tue, Apr 10, 2018 at 8:18 AM, Chiranga Alwis <chira...@wso2.com> wrote:

> ​...
>
> But how can we pre-populate the dynamically provisioned persistent volume
> with the files with configuration changes?

​This would be possible with static PVs but might be difficult to handle
with dynamic PVs.

If the user is using static PVs instructions can be provided to copy the
required files to the PVs before starting the pods.​ If dynamic PVs are
used PVCs might need to be deployed once for making the connection between
the PV and PVCs and then do the same.

Thanks
Imesh

> Your help, suggestions and concerns on this matter are highly appreciated.
>
> *Note*: Please find this [6] forum discussion I've initiated at
> Kubernetes Storage Special Interest Group [7].
>
> [1]: https://github.com/wso2/kubernetes-ei
> [2]: Mail thread with subject "[Architecture] [Deployment] [Containers] An
> update to WSO2 product Dockerfile generalization"
> [3]: https://kubernetes-v1-4.github.io/docs/user-guide/configmap/
> [4]: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/kubernetes-users/h_FRSr5wW00
> [5]: https://kubernetes.io/blog/2017/03/dynamic-provisioning-
> and-storage-classes-kubernetes