Hi all,

I have encountered a problem while trying to get the version number of a
jar into a shell script. Currently, the name of the jar is hardcoded in the
script. But the problem is when the maven version get updated in the
project it should reflect in the script. The closest solution I have come
up at the moment is to use the Maven Help Plugin
<http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-help-plugin/>. The
goal help:evaluate can evaluate Maven expression,
-Dexpression=project.version and then I can grep the version from its
result.

I would really appreciate if someone of you could help me to find a better
way to achieve this task.

Thank you in advance,

--

*Kind Regards,Nipuni Bhagya*

*Software Engineering Intern*
*WSO2*

*Mobile : +94 0779028904 <+94%2077%20767%201807>*