Hi,

Thanks for the quick response.

If you can run the shell script as a step in maven process, you can easily
> pass the ${project.version} using exec-maven-plugin

Hi Amalka,

The issue is we run the script after maven process.

> You can use xmlstarlet to read the version of the project without adding a
>> maven plugin to POM file. I used this to read XML values in the command
>> line. An example can be found here [2]
>>
>> [1]: http://xmlstar.sourceforge.net/doc/UG/xmlstarlet-ug.html
>> [2]: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/12640152/xmlstarlet-select-value

Hi Abimaran,

It was initially decided not to use any external tools for this task. So we
will need an approach which does not require any external XML tools.

--

*Kind Regards,Nipuni Bhagya*

*Software Engineering Intern*
*WSO2*

*Mobile : +94 0779028904 <+94%2077%20767%201807>*