Thu, 24 Aug 2023 21:02:29 +0530, /Mukul Gandhi/:
On Thu, Aug 24, 2023 at 8:23 PM Vladimir Sitnikov wrote:

Binaries make it harder to review source provenance, and they make git slower as it transfers more data.

... With that sense, this committed zip archive having XalanJ related jar files, should be ok I believe. When we shall make an actual XalanJ next release, we could delete the zip archive

Deleting the binary in a later revision will not delete it from the history which is normally transferred in full with Git – please keep this in mind.

Apart from you, there may be other users from XalanJ forum, and XSLT community in general, who may find such sharing of XalanJ developer builds useful.

Please consider other options for publishing experimental builds, f.e. one could tag the sources and create a release on Github:

* https://github.com/apache/xalan-java/releases

where one could attach arbitrary artifacts.

IMHO, your comments so far within this thread, are not helpful...

I find Vladimir's remark important and on point.

--
Stanimir