From: Gresock, Joe [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, May 02, 2008 9:35 AM
To: dev@xmlbeans.apache.org
Subject: Merging XSDs

I have an interesting problem, and I don't know whether XMLBeans is able
to solve it.

I have several XSDs that I would like to merge into one.  Since XMLBeans
creates a SchemaTypeSystem when importing multiple XSDs, I thought it
might be possible to somehow write the type system into a new XSD that
incorporates all elements/attributes/types/etc.  Furthermore, ideally
all element/type references would be resolved into their elements/types.

I was playing around with the combination of applying xsd2inst on all
the schemas and then running inst2xsd on the resulting instance
documents, but I don't believe this will capture the appinfo, which is
essential.

Is there any way to do this using XMLBeans?

entities,  that may be confidential,  proprietary,  copyrighted  and/or legally
privileged, and is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity
named in this message. If you are not the intended recipient, and have received
this message in error, please immediately return this by email and then delete
it.