Github user FireArrow commented on the issue:

    https://github.com/apache/zeppelin/pull/1985

    Terribly sorry for late answer! Not sure why I didn't get any notifications
about your answers :confused:
    @zjffdu I haven't looked into who actually sends the signal, but if it is
as you say, with the user owning the interpreter process sending the signal, it
should be fine.
    My worry was that it was sent by the user running the server, and that if
that user isn't root (which would be a terrible idea for other reasons) the OS
wouldn't allow sending signals to another users process.
    And it is tricky to set up impersonation, but as far as I know it is not
broken. I only have my production environment with this set up right now. I
suggest not using spark to test with. The `sudo` approach clashes with the
spark impersonation, so if you really want to try that you have to set `export
ZEPPELIN_IMPERSONATE_SPARK_PROXY_USER=false`, and find a way to make sure the
user starting the interpreter has a kerberos ticket (if you need that)

---
with INFRA.
---