part of the reason we haven't moved to maven (this is supposition
since i have not been involved in the decision at all) is that it
doesn't buy that much over ant. both maven and ant are complex and
slow. the one thing maven has is the repository for dependencies.

i have been using buck for a while and i really like it. you can use
the maven repos without having to use maven. the gerritt devs are also
fans: http://gerrit-talks.commondatastorage.googleapis.com/buck-rant.html#1

it hasn't reached critical mass though, so i'm not sure we want to
move exclusively to buck, but having files there for people to try
could be useful.

ben