Github user mfenes commented on the issue:

    https://github.com/apache/zookeeper/pull/443

    @phunt According to OpenClover 4.2.0 Release Notes at
http://openclover.org/doc/openclover-4.2.0-release-notes.html
    _"No license key required
    OpenClover requires no license key, in some places you may see a "Clover
free edition" message. You no longer need any external license key to run it.
In case you still pass the license key issued by Atlassian in your builds (e.g.
via -Dclover.license.path JVM property), it will be ignored and the built-in
one will be used."_

    Regarding being able to run OpenClover on Apache Jenkins: I think we can
configure a Jenkins job to generate code coverage reports since OpenClover does
not need any installation, it's just a clover-4.2.1.jar file in
/build/test/lib. However we would need a storage space to store the generated
coverage reports as otherwise it would be deleted when the /build directory is
cleaned. Also I would mention that OpenClover needs ZK to be compiled using the
    -Drun.clover=true option in order to use source code instrumentation and ZK
compiled with source code instrumentation should not be used for production,
only just for testing and generating coverage reports.

---