Il giorno mer 12 set 2018 alle ore 11:04 Norbert Kalmar
<nkal...@cloudera.com.invalid> ha scritto:

> Hi all,
>
> Oracle8 will have it's support end in January. They changed there release
> drastically.
> A good article on that:
> https://dev.karakun.com/java/2018/06/25/java-releases.html
>
> Long story short: From January, no Oracle JDK version can be used in PROD
> environment without a license. End every release, even LTS (next one is
> version 11) will only have a 6 month public update period.
>
> We should also decide on the supported versions of Java.
>
> My opinion: We should make sure ZK is compatible with Oracle 8 and 11, and
> also openJDK 8 and 11.
>
> But after that, every 6 month, there will be a new Oracle Java version
> which we should support.
>
> What do you think? What version to support? What about 3.4 now that 3.5 is
> getting close to stable? (I think fix 3.4 on Oracle 11 and that's it - 3.5
> stable should be out by the time 12 comes out).

As far as I know ZK is running fine on JDK11, even 3.4.
We have a problem with Kerberos tests on 3.4, but we can fix them.

I can add that as far as I know there will not be any 'Oracle JDK 12" GA,
but only OpenJDK will be released to GA from Oracle

> Once we have an agreement, we should create jira's to fix Java11 problems.

Ok to me

We can consider also dropping support for JDK6 on 3.4 branch, this is
actually the problem

Enrico