Well, for a long time we only had 1 line maintained, 3.4 basically. It is
just right now we have 3 lines, which is I think one too many. (Plus we
also have master to maintain additional to the active release lines, that's
4 active branches. Well, more or less, 3.4 is pretty inactive already).

I pretty much agree with Andor's points. My only comment is what testing do
we do to achieve number 3? (different version of client-server
connectability)

- Norbert