Hello Community,

The configuration zookeeper.snapCount defaults to a value of 100,000 and
has been at this default for 11 years now.

https://github.com/apache/zookeeper/blob/e87bad6774e7269ef21a156aff9dad089ef54794/zookeeper-server/src/main/java/org/apache/zookeeper/server/ZooKeeperServer.java#L1149

Based on the last ZK meetup, I know there has been some recent attempts to
re-run the baseline performance benchmarks.

The current value may be a "safe" value.  However, I think we can all agree
that hardware has improved quite a bit in the past 11 years.  Does anyone
have any experience tweaking and testing this number on a production
system?  Are there any recommendations out there for how to set this value?

My hypothesis is: with a larger snapCount value, ZK can have higher
throughput because it is spending less time creating snapshots.

Thanks!