Only thing I found is that the bin has netty-codec-4.1.49 license file
while the jar included is 4.1.48. I think the license version has a typo in
the bugfix version. Not sure if it's a showstopper.

Otherwise LGTM:
- Signatures OK
- Compared to git and 3.6.0
- Compiled both on Mac (without C client) and Linux (with C client)
- Run tests (from src) and server (from src and bin tarball), connect with
client and run simple commands
- Spotbugs and checkstyle passed

Regards,
Norbert