On 03/09/20 22:44, Kinney, Michael D wrote:
> Laszlo,
>
> If the dev branch that is being submitted as a PR
> contains the merge commit, or that developer use the
> one of the github features to rebase, the merge
> commit can be introduced.
>
> When a PR is in this state, the developer need to
> clean up their history locally and do a forced
> push or open a new PR.
>
> In the case, it looks like PatchCheck did a good
> job of rejecting a patch series we would not want
> added.

I agree that PatchCheck was right to refuse the merge commit, I'm just
very confused about the origin of that merge commit. The list of commits
noted in Ard's original PR did not include a merge commit. Also, it's
very unlikely for Ard to rely on github for a genuine rebase; he'd just
do it locally.

Anyway, the particular patches have now been merged correctly via
<https://github.com/tianocore/edk2/pull/431>.

Thanks!
Laszlo