On Mon, 30 Mar 2020 at 21:07, Sean via Groups.Io
<sean.brogan=microsoft....@groups.io> wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 30, 2020 at 10:44 AM, Ard Biesheuvel wrote:
>
> Thanks. But can I get these actions to trigger from my branch as well?
> Or do I need special powers for that?
>
> Right now it requires manually running so it requires "special powers". :)
> I am happy to get this into a branch that you can PR against and on each PR
> it will run.  Basically you would just submit PRs against the branch in my
> edk2 fork.
>
> I have it running successfully on GCC5 toolchain and AARCH64
> https://dev.azure.com/tianocore/edk2-ci-play/_build/results?buildId=4978&view=results
>
> I don't see any output from the Qemu boot process even for debug.  Am I
> missing a parameter?
> qemu-system-aarch64 -M virt -cpu cortex-a57 -bios
> /home/vsts/work/1/s/Build/ArmVirtQemu-AARCH64/DEBUG_GCC5/FV/QEMU_EFI.fd -m
> 1024 -net none -drive
> file=fat:rw:/home/vsts/work/1/s/Build/ArmVirtQemu-AARCH64/DEBUG_GCC5/VirtualDrive,format=raw,media=disk
>  -display none

You need either -nographic or -serial stdio to get the serial output
to go to QEMU's stdout. The latter is probably better, since the
former gives you the serial stdout multiplexed with the QEMU console,
accessible via special control sequences, and the latter only gives
you the serial output stream.